Kona Manta Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeiLing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any recommendations on an operation to use for a Manta night dive in Kona?

I don't think any of them are bad...it just depends on what kind of surface support you want. I went out with Jack's Diving Locker a few years ago...big boat, not crowded and very professionally run. It's a great dive, whatever you choose to do [as long as the mantas show up].

We are using Big Island Divers when we go in Aug.

Thanks all! Tried reading reviews on Yelp and saw too many bad ones to really make a decision. I dove the Mantas before, but by a shore dive from the hotel where they used to shine the lights. Taking my boyfriend who has never dove them before and, as he is a newer diver, would like a decent operation, as well as a number of Mantas. Obviously though, no one can guarantee the latter!

I'd recommend going with one of the smaller operators, who will only have 5 or 6 divers.
Might make your boyfriend mroe confortable being in a smaller group.

I went with Kona Diving and loved them. Great boat and crew.

Thanks again all! After not being able to find a single negative review for Kona Diving Company, I booked with them for Sunday. So far, my experience has been pretty positive. I'll let you all know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom