Kona Tank rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys, on Monday I'm heading to Kona for DIR-F and will be needing to rent some tanks - Does anyone know of a place that rents DIN tanks in Kona? If not what's the best place in Kona to pick up standard Yoke valve tanks and air fills? I'm gonna be staying at "Uncle Billy's" and our dives will be at 2 steps. The only place I've heard of so far wants $10/fill - kinda steep imo.

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
[...]Does anyone know of a place that rents DIN tanks in Kona? [...]/QUOTE]

Hey Tim --

Talk with Keith at DiveTEK - he has DIN tanks and may be able to make some arrangement
to rent them: 877 885 DIVE.

gkndivebum:
kidspot:
[...]Does anyone know of a place that rents DIN tanks in Kona? [...]/QUOTE]

Hey Tim --

Talk with Keith at DiveTEK - he has DIN tanks and may be able to make some arrangement
to rent them: 877 885 DIVE.

Thanks - I had emailed him twice, but never heard back so I guess I'll give him a call.

Tim

Just got off the phone with Keith - very helpful guy. He's checking, but didn't know. He suggested a couple of places, but everything in Kona seems to about $10/tank per day - I guess I've just gotten really spoiled on Maui with my $2 air fills :(

Aloha, Tim

Dive TeK is likely your only bet for DIN tanks, if Keith can't set you up then you are stuck with the standard valve. Big Island Divers used to run about 7.50 for rentals and 4 bucks a fill, and had a decent weekly rate (something like 20 bucks a week for the tank and you could buy a 10 fill card for 30-35 bucks) I'm not sure what their current rates are.

kidspot:
Just got off the phone with Keith - very helpful guy. He's checking, but didn't know. He suggested a couple of places, but everything in Kona seems to about $10/tank per day - I guess I've just gotten really spoiled on Maui with my $2 air fills :(

Aloha, Tim

Hi KS, better get your shots, & not take anything valuable before staying at UB's.
My wife & I booked at the Hilo one & it wasn't what they had online.
That's saying it mildly. We left our $200.00 deposit & drove the saddle road to Kona.
Ended up paying rack rate at the Aston Keahou, but it was worth it. BTW thanks for the Jetfin info.
Bob

Quad Cities Scuba:
Hi KS, better get your shots, & not take anything valuable before staying at UB's.
My wife & I booked at the Hilo one & it wasn't what they had online.
That's saying it mildly. We left our $200.00 deposit & drove the saddle road to Kona.
Ended up paying rack rate at the Aston Keahou, but it was worth it. BTW thanks for the Jetfin info.
Bob

Hey Bob,
Glad the jetfin stuff is helpful to folks -

Yeah - I've stayed at UB's in Kona and Hilo several times when traveling on business, all I need is a bed... I was actually going to sleep in my rental car on the beach (I hate paying just to have a place to sleep...after all I won't be awake to enjoy it anyway lol) but figured I needed to be at my best so I could learn as much as possible in this class, so I broke down and got a room this time - I guess I'm getting soft... lol

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom