KOREA! Does anyone dive this place? If so, where and with what shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOAFdiver

Registered
Reaction score
A-ghan, Raq or any other non vacation sh*t hole th
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey Everybody! I'm thinking about a vaca to S. Korea in late July to meet some friends (non-divers) and get some diving in...ANYONE know ANYTHING about diving in Korea? Can't find a darn thing on the net that's useful...:confused:
Looking forward!

Hey there

There is indeed diving in Korea and what you do I guess is gonna depend on where you are going to be going, any ideas? The best diving in Korea is Jeju island or ulleong do, if your staying on the peninsula then the west sea is extreme low vis, the south has some good sites arounf Goeje and the east sea is generally pretty good offering man made reefs and a few wrecks here n there.

Its pretty cold in comparison to what alot of divers are used to and your job is going to be finding a centre that has western sized equipment for rental. There are a few dive centres in the country that have native English speaking crew - aquatic frontier, deep blue quest in seoul, big blue 33 in Jeju and sea world dive centre (me) in Busan

Diving here can be challenging and although it does not offer the kind of quality of other areas of Asia Pac/SE Asia there is still definately some good dives out n offer and if you have the time while in the country then you should certainly give it a go.

Lemme know where exactly your freinds are and I'll try to be a little more specific

I tried to do some dives with Big Blue 33 in Jeju while i was in South Korea on a work trip a few years ago. Unfortunately bad weather rolled in at the same time I did, so I didn't end up doing any dives. Bad luck, and could happen anywhere... but I found it quite easy to set it up once I found Big Blue 33 (and very helpful in person when I arrived and got the bad weather news), and I'm sure it would be the same with Sea World Dive Centre or others with English speaking staff. I will certainly try again the next time work brings me to South Korea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom