Kosrae Diving, etc. - anyone with info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. That clears things up. If you are looking to see different things above water put Majuro back on the list. It is much different than the other locations.

For a truely "different" experience stop by Kwajalein Atoll. Kwajalein island is off limits to us lucky few by you can go to neighboring Ebeye Island. It is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime destination, although you may regret it. Then again it is one of the few places in the world where you can still see a real live lepper.:eek:

Really though the Marshalls are quite different than the FSM. You may want to check them out.
And if your dead set on Ebeye the U.S. Army offers free ferry service to the island.:)

looked nice from the air - not so hospitable on the ground with all the military police, good vending machine though!

What would be the highlights of Majuro? The only one I can think of is getting on the plane to Bikini or out of there!

I'd love the chance to dive Kwaj though - the stories I heard from Tim and the fact that it's pretty much an exclusive area certainly piqued my interest....

Jonathan

What would be the highlights of Majuro?

Well I can't think of a single one, but Joe said he liked to see different places and lets face it, Majuro is different than the others.

Kwaj (the island) is very nice. The cops are not much of a problem. They have to live here too and are very afraid of upsetting anyone. Small island life can be tough if everyone hates you.

The reef diving on kwaj isn't that great. Same as the rest of the area. Just hard corals. The wreck diving is pretty damn good though. We have about 25-30 wrecks. Some are small (100-200 tons) but we also have our fair share of larger wrecks (3000-6000 tons). It is a little deeper on average than Truk and they have been pillaged more but it is still a great location for wreck diving.

Josh

different!

I am sure the police on Kwaj are nice, they seemed it, and the Island looked nice from the air but all we saw on the ground was the shed whilst they refueled the plane.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom