Kudos to Northeast Scuba Supply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been frantically trying to find a source of the 7/16" OMS burst disks. I called several local shops and they either didn't have them or didn't want to bother to look. I gave Northeast Scuba Supply a call and John knew right off the top of his head that he had them in stock, reminded me to get some washers and said he'd get them shipped today. Very friendly guy, every other word out of his mouth was "bud". I'll definitely start spending more money there.

Hey, at least I'm supporting someone's LDS :)

Although I haven't ordered from them yet, I've had good interactions with them, too.

About three years ago, Northeast Scuba (was then called "Johns", I think) shorted me on a couple small items worth about 15 bucks and didn't return my Email. However, the remainder of the order worth about $400 was as requested. The work done on the oxygen manifold and parts was very good. A year ago, there was a problem with one of the connectors on a recently received oxygen supply whip. However, I fixed it myself and called it a wash. Fact is, the (free) info he gave me on the phone concerning some fittings and arrangements for my booster was worth more than an AN-4 connector. However, I did give him some instructions on how to torque down on brass collars and ferrules which he accepted gracefully.

pescador775:
About three years ago, Northeast Scuba (was then called "Johns", I think)...
When I first started ordering from them in the late 90s they were known as "Crazy John's" :)

I've always likened them to one of the good, locally owned hardware stores in my area. Prices may be a tad high, but they always have what you need in stock and the staff is extremely knowledgeable.

Roak

I have also purchased from him over the phone and the internet and have been very happy with the level of service. He is still selling complete BP and wings with harness and SS backplate for $329. So it seems that his prices are good, at least to me.

i purchased my dive rite rig from him. it came fully assembled for around 350. great guy and have recommended him to people.

I have bought two complete sets of gear from John and he blew everyones prices away. I bought the Atomic reg's and bp&w's(Diverite), and there wasn't anyone close. I have found most all of his prices are below average and he will get most anything in for you. He also doesn't mind selling to the do it yourselfer.
Gene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom