Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gases takes Effect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingPreacher- wasn't referring to your post but to dlndavid's.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
DivingPreacher- wasn't referring to your post but to dlndavid's.

Dr. Bill

HEhehe,
Sorry,
I thought the thought which I thought was thoughtful, however sometimes the things which I think are not popular.

May I suggest quotes :eyebrow:

TheDivingPreacher:
I find THAT pretty scary Bill. There may or may not be a problem, We may or may not be the cause, better throw 500,000,000,000 at the situation and feel better about it.

I think that is pretty illogical.

Im inclined to agree with you... far too many vested interests in the scientific community pushing the latest 'fad'. not all that long ago (70's I think) that scientists were forecasting we would be going into an ice age and I'm sure their evidence was beyond reproach then too! In my oppinion it is partly the media's fault as they do not seem to understand the difference between fat and theory.

The POTENTIAL reduction in temp as a result of Kyoto is tiny, some would say pathetic. I would certainly rather see every single person on this planet being able to drink fresh water for starters.. comparatively far easier and a damn sight less costly to achieve.

TheDivingPreacher:
One primary reason

The primary reluctance to treaties like Kyoto, is that while they cost untold billions, there is no scientific evidence that a full implementation will affect global temps at all. The best estimates are that a full implementation MIGHT effect a change of a fraction of one degree.

Anybody interested can write a check to the UN to help fund this. :)

I think that states the problem with the Kyoto Protocol better than anything I've said.

TheDivingPreacher:
One primary reason

No one has given or can give any solid evidence that humans are influencing the global climate. We do not need to argue whether or not the climate is changing. WE do not need to argue whether or not we are emitting greenhouse gasses. (regardless of the fact that the period of actual measurements and not estimated changes is extremely short)
The primary reluctance to treaties like Kyoto, is that while they cost untold billions, there is no scientific evidence that a full implementation will affect global temps at all. The best estimates are that a full implementation MIGHT effect a change of a fraction of one degree.

Anybody interested can write a check to the UN to help fund this. :)

Get out your check books.
Well said, amen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom