La Jolla Shores Scooter Nav Dive Sat 8/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu:
Funny, at most you are doing 3mph. I would like to be strapped on the back of a Scud Missile myself, but I don't think this is going to be the same feeling.........

Well, 3mph (4.4fps) straight down, in the water, beginning at the surface will definitely do damage...scud missile or not. :(

We aren't talking about getting bent, but the pressure change effects, of course.

And, attempting it on ascent wouldn't be good either....which is why folks talk about using shallow angles.

But, that being said, I just bought one of the things...heh...It is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it looks! (Wish I could join ya in La Jolla)

Yeah, 4.4fps is a lot faster than the 30 feet/min ascent rate. Something like 260 feet/min. Unless my math is off. So if you're not paying attention, in 5 seconds you've gone over 20 feet. Wow.

So basically as long as you aren't a dumby everything should be OK. I got the OK from my wife to dive Sat - so I'm ready to join you. I can actually do 2 dives Sat morning...and lunch after if you are up for it. I know the batteries on the scooters are only good for 1 hour - so maybe after playing with the scooters we could do a shallow Marine Room reef dive? Or something at the shores that isn't too deep?

That sounds great Ryan! Let's definitly go to the shores with the scooters. Maybe we each could call up Aqua Tech and give them our CC info for the deposit. Then one of us can go down Friday and pick up the scooters and pay for them. Then we just give whoever that is the cash at the dive. Maybe we should do the scooters the 2nd dive since we'd want to go deeper the 1st dive. I'd like to check out Fringehead city at least. I just did South wall and near the Secret Gardens today and it was very nice!

I'm flexible, just pointing out possibilities

Sean

That sounds great Sean - I don't really know the Shores very well so you or Roy can make the call for either or both dives.

Good luck on your test Ana! Sorry you can't make it :(

I know diverbrasil and John's friend Cheryl want to go on Saturday as well. Diverbrasil is going to the Street Scene so maybe he wants to come in at the 2nd dive since he's going to have some fun Friday night. I am not sure if Paul and Lela are interested as well. Paul, are you out there??? Let us know if your going. Didn't Sam say he was interested as well? We may need to find more scooters to rent.

Sean

divebuddysean:
I know diverbrasil and John's friend Cheryl want to go on Saturday as well. Diverbrasil is going to the Street Scene so maybe he wants to come in at the 2nd dive since he's going to have some fun Friday night. I am not sure if Paul and Lela are interested as well. Paul, are you out there??? Let us know if your going. Didn't Sam say he was interested as well? We may need to find more scooters to rent.

Sean

the following places also rent those underwater Harleys.

Ocean Enterprises ($25.00)
http://www.oceanenterprises.com/
Ocean Express ($45.00) I know, what are they on???

I just called up Aqua Tech and was told the scooters have been rented for the weekend. I have asked these guys repeatedly about making a reservation, etc but was told they do not do reservations. I asked Wayne to please tell the other people at the shop the information he told me since they told me the WRONG information. OEX rents scooters but they have only 2, and are 45 bucks.

Looks like the scooter dive is off. I still want to go diving, so I hope we will all meet at 6:30 at the Shores parking lot.

Sorry guys, I really tried to make this one happen!!!

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom