La Parguera, Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hal

Contributor
Reaction score
We're heading down to PR in a couple of weeks for diving and family vacation. It seems like Parguera is as good a place as we're likely to find. Agree? Aside from the passing hurricane, how are seas this time of the year? Vis?

Also, any recommendations for dive shops in the area? I've found two in La Parguera, Parguera Divers and Paradise? Any experiences, good or bad, with either?

Thanks,

Hal

I have been diving with Parguera Divers. An excellent operation. The dives in that area are National Geographic type quality: amazing!

Their principal, Angel, received a degree in dive operation management at Barry University, here in South Florida. They just got a new boat about three years ago. So they run a nice, clean operation and the boat is great.

About the only "drawbacks:" No nitrox, and if you are looking for a high end place to stay, the nicest one is about 20 minutes from there. There is a nice inn just across the street but it is not what you would call a first class hotel.

One last thing: depending on when you will be departing after your dive, you may have to cross a mountain chain that is high enough to be of concern.

I would go back there and dive with Parguera Divers in a second!

http://www.pargueradivers.com/

Parguera Divers is a good operation. They go out each morning for a 2-tank trip. the run time to the reef is 30+ minutes and the seas can be choppy. The diving is generally good. The town of La Parguera hops on weekends and is pretty quiet during the week. You need a rental car - fly to San Juan and drive. The best restaurant is right there at Posada Porlamar but is quite pricey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom