La Paz vs. Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaHowie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going to Baja in May. I have two questions for those "in the know":

1. If you could choose between La Paz and Cabo San Lucas to dive at, which would you choose and why?

2. Is there a dive opperator that anyone would recommend in La Paz? (I have already gotten several recommendation for Amigos del Mar in Cabo.)

Thanks for your input!

(Before you tell me to do a search, I already did. But thanks for the suggestion.):D

I spent a week with fun baja (in La Paz) in october, they were awesome, I'd definately go back with them again

We dove both places last November. In La Paz we used Cortez Club which was very well organized. In Cabo we dove with Cabo Deep Blue based at the Cabo San Lucas Marina.

Diving in Cabo consisted of very short boat rides (5 minutes) to the sites which were surprisingly good with lots of fish life and excellent vis. In La Paz you are looking at a minimum one hour ride to the sites which are mostly off shore islands. Also very good.

If you can I would suggest to split your trip up between both places.

The time of year you are going you would be better off Diving Cabo San Lucas because the winds will still be blowing all along the east cape this would include Cabo Pulmo,Gordo Banks and La Paz and most of the southern Baja.
Cabo has the protection of the hills that extends from the marina entrance all the way to the sea Lions Colony at the west end of the bay of cabo.
You will be able to Dive all the sites Peligan rock,No,So. and middle walls ,Neptunes Finger,Lands End where the Sea Lions colony is located.
I Dive Cabo at Different times of the year winter has the least Vis. 30 to 65 feet summer 65 to unlimited Vis.
Cabo has 800 species of tropical Marine life It is impossable to be disapointed with any Dive there.
The Mirco life is one of the things I like most about the Los Cabos area.
Bring your Camara.
I Dive with Baja Dive a shop that has been in Baja since 1989 not to be confused with Baja Dive Center.
email DeVore at cooldiver2@yahoo.com
or call 011-52-624-14-37659
there web site will be back up soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom