Labor day diving in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to intrude so late in the planning. I'd love to meet up for some Monday dives if a group if forming! I'll make sure to get my tanks filled Sunday evening!
-chad

.SAT...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT.
WIND WAVES 2 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 7 TO 9 FT... INCREASING TO 12 FT.
S SWELL 2 FT. PATCHY FOG.

.SUN...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.
NW SWELL 10 TO 13 FT AND S 2 FT.

.LABOR DAY...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
NW SWELL 6 TO 9 FT AND S 2 FT. PATCHY FOG.

Saturday looks like it'll be pretty sporty. I'm all for keeping it nice and mellow :)

I'm not sure if there are any dive shops open in Monterey open on Monday (since its a holiday and all). Might want to verify this to avoid making the long trip down if you can't rent the tank (or get it filled) Monday morning.

Also, if you guys want to start a little later on Monday that's fine with me (although I like to meet at 8am, no later than 9am, but I'm flexible). I'm just gonna take off around 2-2:30 though.

Just Checked - Monterey Bay Dive Company (On Cannery Row near the breakwater) is open this Monday at 9:00am. I may still try to rent tanks Sunday before I come down so we could start earlier.

-Kevin

I'm out, the swell report looks like crap, and driving from Sacramento for those conditions sucks. I did that last week when the swells were 6ft, and viz was garbage.

Sorry to hear that, but discretion is always the better part of valor when it comes to dive conditions.

If you can be swayed, I've found that swell reports have at best a weak correlation with viz. Some of my best viz dives in the bay have been on "are you sure we should be going out today" days, and some of the goopiest have been under a glassy surface. I've basically learned that it's always worth going out and seeing the conditions for yourself (but it's hard to fault anyone for calling off in light of a Sac-to-MoCal commute).

We always have breakwater :wink:

I bet there will still be OW classes all weekend.

My AOW Class weekend had 14 foot seas. Very... Fun boatride, but great viz in Carmel.

I'm still up for Saturday and Monday. I'll check in on Friday to confirm who's meeting and time for sat.

The plan is currently meeting up at 8am on Sat at Breakwater.

Monday is still up in the air for location, but meeting time is tentative at 8am.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom