lackluster diving in Laguna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is thinking about diving this weekend. Although the weather was great and the water was fairly warm for this time of year (surface felt close to 60F, at depth temp as 57F), the surge was moderate to strong, surf wasn't too bad early in the day (2-3 ft), by early/mid afternoon surf was 2-5ft. Vis was only around 5-10ft (5ft average) but at times the surge was so strong vis dropped to 1-2ft. Conditions will probably be similar tomorrow...definitely divable but certainly not ideal.

I was at Crescent Wednesday night and had a great dive with 10-15' vis. I was hoping it was a sign things were getting better since low vis was reported early in the week.

Going to dive Fisherman's Cove tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Just another Laugna dive.... Surf was 1-2Ft Viz 8-10ft. started dive on the east reef and canyons. Then went over to the West side of the cove where Viz was much better and Surge was less. Saw a few bugs but nothing of good size other then one in a trap. 5lbs easy. Lets hope conditions get better for the area soon.

P.S Like the Laguna updates. Lets keep them going Please.

I was at Vets yesterday, conditions were great! ... for training :) I got a pass for my deep diving specialty! Woo-hoo!

Thanks for the reports guys. Seems like people (me included) only want to post when we have a great dive, but for those of us who like to beach dive, a couple lines on how good it was.....or wasn't is helpful when deciding where to go next.

Back
Top Bottom