"Ladies Dive Weekend" Details Are In!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
Alright, Ladies... lets get excited! :D Get your calendars out, and clear some dates! I have the long awaited details for the Ladies Dive Weekend!

Who: Any and All certified lady divers
When: PM me for the secret dates! (Friday thru Sunday- come or go as you please)
Where: Gilboa Quarry (www.divegilboa.com) in Ottawa, OH

This is gonna be a blast! I've spoken with the owner of the quarry and he is willing to help us out in whatever ways he can... such as grouping all the lady campers together (secluded if we wish), catering a dinner (if the interest is there), additional advertising for our weekend (via Gilboa website, and flyers at the quarry) etc., etc.

Here are some general prices:

Camping- $8 per person, per night
Air fills- $8
Nitrox fills- $12
Entry fee- $12/per day (may be subject to change)
There is also 2 bunkhouses and a cottage available (prices on the website)

If you know of other lady divers that are interested... please feel free to bring them! This is YOUR "let your hair down, no makeup, no testosterone weekend"!! Let's have fun with it!

If you will be camping, PLEASE MENTION THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE LADIES DIVE WEEKEND. That way, we will all be grouped together. YOU will be responsible for booking your own campsites or bunkhouses/cottage, etc. Also... you are responsible for your own food/drinks. That way... you control where your money goes. :wink: If you are interested in a Saturday night catered dinner (for roughly $10-$12 per person, only if there's enough interest), please let me know. Or... if you'd be interested in a Saturday night pitch-in dinner... let me know that too.

Please also let me know if you will be attending. I will be in close contact with the quarry owner to be sure that we have a great time! I will also be in contact with those interested over the next few months, so to stay up to date on attendance and planning. If you have any ideas for this wonderful weekend, please let me know. WE control how much FUN we have! :wink:

There will be an instructor there, if anyone wants to get AOW or any specialties... I can put you in touch with the instructor... just let me know if you are interested, and what cert(s) you want.

Also... to reduce the risk of panty raids... please keep the dates secret from the guys! Any guys that show up are fair game for cooking, hauling gear, and being strung up a flagpole in their undies! :D :wink: LOL

Well... that was alot of info! If you have any questions... please let me know, and I'll get an answer for you asap.

Let's make this event a huge success... and who knows, maybe it will turn into an annual event!

Feel free to post in this thread if you will be attending and/or have any ideas. If you want to get in contact with me directly, please email me at emt1128@yahoo.com.

I'm sooo looking forward to this. Count me IN!!!

Yes, there are some hotels/motels nearby. Let me get back to you on which ones are close.

<buys a camo wetsuit to sneak up on you girls>
p06005.jpg

I like the way you think, Rakkis. :)

rakkis:
<buys a camo wetsuit to sneak up on you girls>
p06005.jpg

Nice try, Carlos... but I think we could ID your hot bod from a mile away! :wink: :mooner: LOL

If you gals really want this weekend documented on a professionally edited DVD program, (topside activities as well as UW) let me know. Of course, I'll need to know the date, but I can keep a secret.

Back
Top Bottom