Lake Effect snow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCDiver1

Ductus Exemplo
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If you have never experienced it, it can be pretty cool sometimes. Looking out my window, it's snowing like a banshee but the sun is out. A few minutes later, the sun is gone and the snow has stopped. A few minute more, a white-out, near zero visibility.

Pretty weird and yet normal for lake effect snow.

TCDiver1:
If you have never experienced it, it can be pretty cool sometimes. Looking out my window, it's snowing like a banshee but the sun is out. A few minutes later, the sun is gone and the snow has stopped. A few minute more, a white-out, near zero visibility.

Pretty weird and yet normal for lake effect snow.

I have the same view only I'm about 3 hours south from you :>)

Yup, same view, different lake effect snow band.:wink:

We have been getting hammered for this early in the winter. I've had nearly four feet at my house already this year. I have a bad feeling about this winter ......

TCDiver1:
Yup, same view, different lake effect snow band.:wink:

We have been getting hammered for this early in the winter. I've had nearly four feet at my house already this year. I have a bad feeling about this winter ......

Are you in the U. P.?????

Across the pond from Menominee in Traverse City. I have however shoveled my share of snow in the yoop. This year reminds me a lot of that. We've gotten a couple big dumps (12+"), which is unusual for this time of year.

Im on the south shore in Superior Wisc. Not much here yet. Id rather have the snow than the cold we got!!!!!!! Traverse City is a very nice place to be eh????

Gee all we have here is sand. :D
(sorry, it's that time of year to gloat)

We've not had as much snow as you, I've only run the snow blower twice. This will give the term "spring break" in April another look, I was thinking about not going away this year. I might not be able to stand it.

We've had very little snow so far this year. I live where we can get lake effect snow from Lake Erie and/or Ontario depending on which way the wind is blowing.

This year with the lakes being much warmer than usuall, we can expect a lot more Lake Effect snow than normal.

I'm ready to go stay at Jenny's for a while!! eyebrow I like sand!!:14:

:D
I like the sand too! And the sun.
Oh, and when you get really tired of where you are...this link will put you a couple miles south of one of the best beach diving locals in the US. Just don't look at it in the dark. You won't see anything.
http://www.sunny.org/webcam/camapp.html

Back
Top Bottom