Lake George

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

radar

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good dive shops in the Lake George area?
I am going on vacation up there and may decide to do my certification dives there. Thanks!:confused:

Lake George is a Denver, Colorado water supply reservoir and therefore doesn't allow diving.

Or perhaps you’d like to specify just which Lake George you’re talking about? :)

Roak

If that's the one, I remember freezing my toes there once as a child. Brrr!

I practically grew up on Lake George in the NY Adirondacks. Unfortunately, that was long before I ever considered scuba, so I can't be of any help.

Have Fun!

Scuba-sass :)

If it is Lake George in upstate NY you are coming to my back yard. I dive there regularly and also the instructor that I help does his check outs there. Why don't you shoot me an email and I can forward the information on to him.

Lake George this time of year is not really that cold. It is around 72-74f on the surface and about 60-56f below 30-35feet. A 7mil with hood and gloves or a dry suit will do fine. The lake has many features including a few wrecks. Check out http://www.beneaththesea.org/TSSC/diveInfo/radeau.html for some information. There are some other sites, but I just can't remember them. If you are looking for someone to dive with, You can check out our clubs website using my sig.

Ok, now the bad news. As for dive shops, the closest isMorin's Dive Center, which is located in Glens Falls. Now the time to get there depends on where you are staying. If you are in Lake George Village then it isn't too far. If you are closer to the northern part of the lake you are looking at an hour to an hour and a half to get there.

Hope to hear from ya.

Thanks for the links .. I am going to have to add those to our clubs link page.

:eek:ut:
Thanks for all the replies. I am talking about the Lake George in upstate NY.
NINman, Thanks for your additional support. I will shoot you an e-mail later today when I am at home.
I stay at Northern Lake George Resort so Morin's is a bit far, but if that's what I gotta do...... Oh well!!

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom