Lake Keowee pump house report 7-27-2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanz32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dove the pump house today with upstate scuba in clemson. Jumped in the pool at around 2:30pm. Followed line to top of pump house at 52'. Vis around the main structure was almost 0, maybe 2'. This was due to the amount of divers in our group, 12 i think it was. I got buddied up with an insta-buddy, jon i believe his name was. For a fairly brand new diver he was pretty good. water temps were in the 80's with a thermacline at 60' to about 65degrees. Turned the 1st dive when my buddy got to 1200psi. After a 45 min SI, jumped back in. 2nd dive vis wise was a lot better because jon and i went and did our own thing. followed a line we found tied to a window sill. Tried to anyway untill it got wraped around my leg and broke, so i had to go re-tie it and off we went. The line led to some wooden structure, no one had much of a clue what it was but it was pretty neat. It was about 2 stories high with a steel exhaust pipe comming out of the middle of it. Swam back to the line, acended, did the safety stop and called it a day. This was my first time diving with upstate scuba, and the pump house. Id def dive with them again, top notch expierence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom