Lake Michigan Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I live in Gurnee, IL 60031. It is easier for me to travel north (Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, Two Rivers) than it is to go south. I am looking for dive buddies and recommendations as to dive charters in the area. I am relatively new to drysuit diving and am looking for sport level dive opportunities (to 130 ft). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

There is a Charter out of Milwaukee this weekend, A three tanker I think. Look on Chicago Scuba Meetup (google it) or pm ScubainChicago for details.

You can always go to Pearl Lake for diving. Also, watch the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew section of the forum to see what else is going on in our area.

There is Capt Dales boat out of Waukegan you could look into as well.

Personally, I stay south since I live South, at least this year I did. I live 40 mins from Haigh and 45 from the Chicago and Indiana boat charters.

Underwater Connection runs charters regularly through the summer, they have three locations, Hales Corners, Menomonee Falls and Delafield. You can find them on line at uwconnection.com The ones they do during the week are typically on Wednesdays, single tank. They run some 2 tank weekend trips. Most all of them leave from the MKE Yacht club area. I've been on a few this summer and have enjoyed them!

I live in Gurnee, IL 60031. It is easier for me to travel north (Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, Two Rivers) than it is to go south. I am looking for dive buddies and recommendations as to dive charters in the area. I am relatively new to drysuit diving and am looking for sport level dive opportunities (to 130 ft). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

My boat, Enterprise, is right in your back yard. I sail out of Waukegan Harbor. Come out and play with us anytime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom