Lake Murray Weekend of Oct 12-14 Anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchapman3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings swampers... Kory and I will be setting up the Dragon lair at Murray this weekend. I'm planning on heading up Friday afternoonish to set up camp. Kory, Rhonda and Plan on diving all day saturday and pick up whatever garbagola we find above and below the surface.

My camp will have a flagpole with a dive and welsh flag (The welsh flag is green and white with a red dragon on it...hense the dragon lair).

Come one, come all.

Would like to dive the old Scuba Park on Saturday, can anyone tell us how to find it?!

Can you get there from the shore entry at Marietta landing?

Rhonda

Can you trade in your Sunday pass for Saturday??:D

John has to leave Sat., and Kory and I have to leave Saturday around 4:00. If you can get a pass for Saturday, you're more than welcome to come on up and hang out and dive with us! Kory and John will be out there Friday night setting up camp, and probably doing a night dive without me. :(

Let us know if you can make it, we'll call you and tell you exactly where we are at.

Rhonda

At 9:14 PM, The Dragon division of the Swampers took the lake at the grasslands. Our entry was slightly less notable than Timeliner's last foray here. However, a group of young ladies from Texas asked the the not-so-obvious question as we were knee deep placing our shore lights on some rocks: "you guys going diving?"; nope we're taking a bath. Youth is wasted on the young.

Vis was borderline pitiful, but the stars...holy SMOKES.

Drums were plentiful and several requested to be petted... we obliged. We found a nylon line and followed it for what seemed like hours...only to find a cut end drifting.

The bounty from the dive was plentiful... we added to the Dragon's Treasure chest: 2 old masks (one in need of a new lense, the other of the round Seahunt type). 2 Snorkels, 3 golf balls, a picnic table sized umbrella, and a clam shell bigger than my hand.

Renwick will be pleased.

I wish we'd taken a trash barge with us...holy CRAP there is a lot of trash on the bottom of this lake. Tomorrow we're taking mesh bags with us and we'll see what we can haul out. We've got a camp in the campground (look for the flags), and will be under a white canopy at the rock beach north of Marrietta landing...come and be part of the trash patrol if you don't have anything better going on.

At 9:14 PM, However, a group of young ladies from Texas asked the the not-so-obvious question as we were knee deep placing our shore lights on some rocks: "you guys going diving?"; nope we're taking a bath. Youth is wasted on the young.

I used to think that youth was wasted on the young but lately I don't think so much.
They see you coming out of the water after a dive and are always interested in knowing if you found anything. A pocket full of treasures like some old clam shells to give the kids are more powerful then Gold and make you into a hero.

Of course if you wish to left alone just carry a spear gun then folks usually don't ask a bunch of question :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom