Lake Pleasant for newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George the Greek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My name is George and I'm new to scubaboard and kind of new to diving. I am interested in getting out and diving more at lake pleasant. My questions are, where on this site can I find people heading out to the lake that I could meet up/tag along with? where are the "better" spots to dive at pleasant? Is it newbie friendly? Is there a specific group that I can dive with where I could actually learn more? and How much will it bother fellow divers if I still have buoyancy issues and could use some guidance?

Thanks

About where in Phx do you live? And what are good days for you? Lots of us go to the lake regularly; there are several popular shore dive spots. And of course you're welcome if you want practice and assistance. Just post when you want to dive; someone will be going.

Hey and welcome!

There is always someone going to the lake. Keep an eye on the forums here and you'll see who's going. Hope to catch ya out there some time. :D

Welcome George. Keep your eyes peeled in this forum section. There is always peopel posting to go diving. Mostly weekends. I have every other Friday off and try to go diving on those days. Beginners are always welcome in my book as we all need to improve and keep up on our skills and a great way to learn is from fellow divers. I post when I'm planning on going out and always look for others to join...

Dave

Welcome to the desert.....and Ditto's on what everyone has said....we go up to the lake regularly and love to meet up with divers....no problem on wanting to team up with fellow divers to learn more skills and improve on the skills already known..... Looking forward to meeting you and diving with you!!! Post the days you are available and watch the posts here....

Hey George. You've come to the right place. And welcome! I'm thinking about taking my boys to the lake for some snorkling this weekend. One just finished the PADI SEAL dives a couple of weeks ago, the other is still to young.
I'll post something on the Lake Pleasant thread if we go. The group here is awsome. I've learned tons of stuff from the folks.

Steve.

Thanks for your post. I live up on the north end around Happy Valley/ I-17 and have been asking myself the same question about Lake Pleasant. Beings that I's so close to the lake I can arrange to dive on pretty short notice......I just don't know much about where to dive there and I'm a little worried about the boat activity and jetskies.

I will be starting the DM course in September and have been anxious to make some bubbles. I'll watch this thread.

Welcome to the desert.....and Ditto's on what everyone has said....we go up to the lake regularly and love to meet up with divers....no problem on wanting to team up with fellow divers to learn more skills and improve on the skills already known..... Looking forward to meeting you and diving with you!!! Post the days you are available and watch the posts here....
Thanks for your post REEFMAN, I have a question though. I'm new to this forum and not sure what you meant about posting when available for the lake. Do you mean in this thread or is there somewhere else to post events and invitations?

Sorry, just would like to find more opportunity to dive local.

Thanks!

Usually people post to the Lake Pleasant Diving post for finding buddies or to inform that one is going to be out there diving. I know that I do...I'm usually looking to go out on Friday mornings...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom