Lake Rawlings May 19, 20, and 21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
SO the NC Divers of WV have decided on the first Lake Rawlings grill fest extravaganza so far this summer, if any of you might be interested. These always end up being a lot of diving, a lot of food and a lot of fun.

Lake Rawlings - camp Friday and Saturday night, day dives, night dives, good food, good friends, good libations, etc. - Thanks Charlie and Kristi for coming up with it.

If you need more info you can link to the thread on ncdivers here: http://www.ncdivers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1000

or post here and I will keep you updated.

Paula

List of who will be at Rawlings:

Paula
Greg
Mel
Charlie
Kristi
Leda
Jason
Packman
Seawitch
KWickert
Siren (maybe)
Bob B
LeFlaneur
Aquasport
Jeadiver
dvr4lyf
jgarysmith (maybe)
mle

Hey Paula, I just checked my calendar and I think I can do this! Whoo hoo! I think I can work it to camp out as well. Are you and Greg camping?

You bet your sweet fanny we are!! Man I hope you can work this out Mel. It will be so great to see you again. It's been a long cold winter and I'm ready for the summer fun.

Yep me too! Do we need to make reservations beforehand for the campground?

I usually call in and let them know that we have a larger group coming in. Also Charlie and Kristi are renting the cabin, so if your interested in that just talk to them. I would definitely shoot Rawlings an email and tell them you are going to camp otherwise, and tell them you want to be near the other NCDIVERS. They are usually really good about getting us all together.

Where is the cabin? I've got all the camping gear and would like to camp.

BTW, we need to plan another camping trip to Nags Head for the Triangle Wrecks. I want to do that again.

aquasport:
I would love to come never dove there wiil i need a 7m i only have a 3.
It will still be chilly in May, but if you don't go too deep the thermo cline isn't too bad. I dove it all season last year with a 3 mil and a shortie underneath and there were times I got a bit chillie, but it was never that bad. I have a 7 mil now and it is definitely warmer.

I hope you can make it. It is always fun. I spend more time diving than I do on the surface usually (With the proper amount of SI of course).

Hey there,

Count me in for this gig.
Mel, I'm up for camping too.

Yes, you need to dive the Triangle Wrecks again. I was disapponited you guys did not get good conditions last time. Also, Larry and I bought Apollo scooters and we can let the guys borrow them that can"t swim out. LOL You girls had no problem. I am just kidding if the guys read this.

Larry and I will start diving them soon and can let you know on the conditions. Maybe we will see you at Lake Rawlings.

gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom