Lake Rawlings, VA diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, haven't been to Dutch so can't help you with that one.

Cheers,
Lilla

Anybody know the water temp on the airplane (57') now? I gotta dive it this weekend and need to know which suit to bring.

I dove it 2 weekends ago and it was 55 degrees. I'm extremely afraid of the cold, but I was fine with a 7mm semi-dry, 7mm gloves, 3mm socks, 5mm boots and a 7mm hood. Of course, if I'd invest in a drysuit I think I might be able to get in the water quicker...

Question from a newbie:
the buddy that I got certified with, is busy with his 'boating season' (Lucky him to have a boat). I want to go to Lake Rawlings, I just got my OW certification and cannot wait to dive more, but now I'm stuck with the fact that I don't have a buddy to come with me.
How should I deal with this situation? I never thought about this before. Should I call the dive shop at the lake and see if they can put me in some of the groups going there?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Just post here when you plan on going & I'm sure someone will offer to let you join in to their group.

Here's the PLANE for ya:

Question from a newbie:
I'm stuck with the fact that I don't have a buddy to come with me.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Definitely posting here is a good place to start. There is usually a group out there doing a "fun dive" and welcome visitors, and the forum is a good way to find out who will be there.

I'll be down at Rawlings this Saturday (June 28) with Down Under Surf & Scuba Club. You would be welcome to come along...just give them a ring so that they have a good head count of who to expect, and bring $5 for food.

-BW

That music is classic. Did you do that Drewski, or did the lake staff?

Coincidentally, they love it when you go diving at night with lift bags and move everything around. :)

Back
Top Bottom