Lake Tahoe in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Alaska / Florida / In the air between the two.
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm planning on doing another lake Tahoe trip on the weekend of June 27th.
Many of you have asked for Altitude specialty classes or drysuit specialty, this will be a perfect time for that. Lake Tahoe diving offers visability we don't get to see in Monterey this time of year. And the conditions are nice and calm. perfect for getting the handle on a new piece of gear without dealing with the surge right away.

I've chosen that date because it gives me almost two weeks to work with drysuit divers in the pool or any other specialty you may want proir to the dive date.

Write Ron@learn2dive.org if your interested.
Thanks

As the date approaches, I'd like to answer some frequently asked questions.

1. The cost for the PADI altitude diver specialty is $100. PIC card is extra. let me know in advance if you need me to bring a PIC card for you. I can take your PIC photo on site if you like.

2. Since I have divers coming from all over the area I will cover the academic portion Saturday Morning prior to the first dive. Bring your Adventures in diving book from your AOW class. If you don't have one, or are not a PADI AOW diver don't worry I can let you borrow mine.

3. We'll do two dives on Saturday for the altitude class and plan on doing two fun dives on Sunday. Lets meet at Meeks Bay at 8 am Saturday morning.

4. There is no dive shop in the area, bring all your equipment with you. Bring all the tanks you plan to dive. That means 4 tanks each if you plan to dive both saturday and sunday. You won't have time enough to offgas then make it to Reno for fills. Remember this is altitude diving. you have to go over the mountains to get to the dive shops so chances are they will be closed by the time its safe to do so.

5. I expect the temps to be in the upper 50's lower 60's so you'll want a 7mil with hood and gloves.

6. As for lodging, look in Homewood, south tahoe, I don't think there will be any camp sites available at this time. I've stayed at the Horizon before and drove to Meeks bay in about 45 min to an hour. You should plan on arriving friday night to acclimate to the altitude. If not then you'll need to plan your first dive as a repetative dive. (we'll cover that in class)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom