LaLuz L800 Video Light to Be Replaced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smoore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a LaLuz L800 video light and was looking to purchase a second one. However, the Laluz Optics site indicates that it was out of stock. I contacted the Ebay seller I purchased my light from and he indicated that it is to be replaced by a new product in 2 months. Looking forward to see what they have come up with. I love the L800 which was only $199.00.

Good to know!

Edit:
I sent them an email asking if they would be available before my next vacation and nope they will Not be available by the end of March.

Last edited:
I was looking at the LaLuz site today. It looks like they are going to keep producing the the L800 but are also introducing a L1000 (1000 LED) and a L5000 (with 4 power settings). The website has no information regarding prices and only indicates that the new lights are coming soon. The two new lights have an attached ball mount as opposed to the L800 which comes with a YS mount. Depending on price these could be interesting lights. I have one L800 and have been very happy with it.

Prices according to e-bay agent: L1000 same as L800, L5000 around $800.

Damn, look forward to the reviews but the L5000 is out of my budget.

I hope he has an "offer" button on his fleabay page cause I'm going to "offer" to buy 2 L5000 lights for $800.... everyday until he does it.... :D

Oops, I thought they had shut down their business. Fortunate, I found from their website that they have launched the new L1000 now. Wooh...

It is only $179 US including light, red filter, battery and charger. No spare battery as with the L800 but it was $199. I don't think you will need the diffuser with this light as you did with the L800. On Ebay it is only available for delivery to US but I have ordered on the LaLuz website and hope they can ship to Canada. It looks like the L5000 is not out yet.

I have the L800 and have been very happy with it. These units are very compact and very well made. They feel rock solid in your hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom