Lambertsen collection move to UHMS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gene_Hobbs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dr. Christian Lambertsen, environmental medicine research professor at the University of Pennsylvania, has donated his collection of literature and research to the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) Charles W. Shilling Library. Today, the raw data, books, and technical reports arrived at Duke University Medical Center. The Shilling Library is managed by Duke and will allow for ongoing access to this collection of valuable history and research. This transfer of knowledge comes as a result of months of planning, contract and copyright negotiations, and careful organization prior to shipping.

The collection is going to be pre-processed by volunteers from both the UHMS and the Rubicon Foundation prior to final delivery to the Duke Medical Center Library and Archives staff.

Included in this collection are numerous 16mm films that contain footage from the predictive dive series. These tests defined much of what we know about the operational use of oxygen in diving. If you are able to assist in the conversion of these films to a digital format or would like to donate to support this effort, please contact us.

Thanks,
--The Rubicon Team

--On a more personal note, I have to thank the many members of the diving community that have been supportive of my wife and I over the last several months. We could not have done this without you. The donations that were given to Rubicon in Andrew's name will be applied to this project. -G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom