Land Operations Cairns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am going to Cairns for two weeks in June and want to find a great dive shop for land based diving daily for two or three dives in cool places, not the normal cattle call. Unfortunately , I cannot do a live aboard but want to dive like a live aboard. Any good recommendations?
Thank you,
:vintagediver:

I have beeen doing some research as well because I am planning a trip as well and I want to do a liveaboard as well as day cruises. The ones I see been recommended quite a bit are

Deep Sea Divers Den
and
Down Under Dive

They have also both been given 5* by PADI

Shore diving in Cairns? I'm not sure much of that is done... when I was there everything was focused on the GBR and I didn't see any nearshore areas I was interested in diving.

I second Deep Sea Divers Den. Heck, their head instructor was the only one during my three month diving expedition in SE Asia and the South Pacific who knew what my Los Angeles County c-card was (even though he called it a museum piece). I had a great experience with them.

In my research I havent seen any shore dives, not sure why you'd want to, the reef is 2 hours away and I cant think that anyone would spend time doing shore work. Plus there's the risk of the stingers in closer (from what I remember from last trip up there).

Hubby and I dove silverswift our first trip up, he wasn't certified at the time, very much cattle call but great if you want to be lazy about your dives!

I've been looking at cairns dive center, mainly for the price and that it'd be decent for the 3 non certified people we might be taking with us.

Have you looked into Port douglas at all? it's a hour or so drive north of cairns and from what I've read, cheaper everything and better diving.

Back
Top Bottom