Lanier 10/29 or 10/30????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaPT:
Would love to join you guys on the 29th, but I will by taking the wife on a cruise to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. Maybe that will get me some major brownie points.

Warmest and most sincere congratulations from us, Big Guy !!!
Ya must be doing something right ?!?!?!?!

Keep up the good work.

the K

scubaPT:
Would love to join you guys on the 29th, but I will by taking the wife on a cruise to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. Maybe that will get me some major brownie points.

Congrats Allen...I wish you many, many more to come. Take care of the family and when you get a chance let us know so that we all can go dive together again.

Jeremy

Yep, I must be crazy too - but not crazy enough to dive in cold water - you guys are truly WACKO!! We'll dive together one day - promise. I just won't promise what season.

You guys keep him company in the winter and I'll take the other seasons!

Allen, congratulations on 21 years!!

Siren

scubaPT:
congrats. allen, im heading that way soon. only 6 more days till the wedding. I'll be on a cruise at that time too, so have fun.

Kyle

JKSteger:
I was looking forward to diving the last Sat. of this month but with Viz reports like this I'm not so sure that I want to drive up that way for 5' and lower with depth. It will still be over a week or so but I don't think I should expect much better viz.

Anyone else still up for a dive on the 29th at Lanier?? Even if the viz is not that great it would still be a fun "get together" for us Loonie Birds. Let me know if anyone still wants to brave Lanier on the 29th.

If not Lanier then anyone want to go to Jocassee?

Jeremy
I have only had 1 other dive that was worse than the one matt and I made last weekend, so I would recomend going to jocassee if you want to enjoy yourself. The viz was just horriable, we only got in a 21 minuite dive. Matt and I got seperated, so I did a 3 minuite buddy search, and when I surfaced he was about 100 feet from me. I got over to matt and told him that was like diving in an abyss. We both agreed to call the dive at that point, it wasn't even worth diving the rocks in the shallow area. So I recomend making a trip up to jocassee and enjoying yourself. Maybe lanier will come around in november, but as of now, it sucks.

Kyle

I have only had 1 other dive that was worse than the one matt and I made last weekend, so I would recomend going to jocassee if you want to enjoy yourself. The viz was just horriable, we only got in a 21 minuite dive. Matt and I got seperated, so I did a 3 minuite buddy search, and when I surfaced he was about 100 feet from me. I got over to matt and told him that was like diving in an abyss. We both agreed to call the dive at that point, it wasn't even worth diving the rocks in the shallow area. So I recomend making a trip up to jocassee and enjoying yourself. Maybe lanier will come around in november, but as of now, it sucks.

10-4! I'm planning on driving up to Jocassee and dive of the divers ramp up there. My brother is going along with me too. Looks like it will be alot better than diving Lanier.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
10-4! I'm planning on driving up to Jocassee and dive of the divers ramp up there. My brother is going along with me too. Looks like it will be alot better than diving Lanier.

Jeremy

Jocassee sounds like a plan! I've heard a little about it, but haven't made it that way yet. I'm planning on a quick dunk this weekend at Juliette to try out a new pony bottle/reg and possibly (vis permitting) measure kick cycles. I need to firm up my SAC a bit, too; springs are great for visibility and chasing fish, but they suck for diving at a consistent depth. :14: I stopped by the Holly Grove boat ramp on the way back from Atlanta today, and it looks like Juliette is clearing a bit from a couple of weeks ago; might even be good enough to maintain buddy contact! :D

Cheers!

Jim

Holly Grove boat ramp is usually crap viz. compared to Dames Ferry Park which is where I dive off of at Juliette. I hope you don't actually dive over at Holly Grove boat ramp. If so you should dive over at Dames Ferry Park.

What time would you want to meet up at Jocassee??? I'm thinking about 11:00am what do you all think?

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom