Laredo, Baja

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAW,

I have not had the opportunity to dive Baja yet, I will be going there in October. However, here is a website for a DS in Lareto. I know the owner, he is the owner of the LDS here and treats his people right. You might want to check them out.

http://www.dolphindivebaja.com

Good luck,

I go there often. There's another little dive shop called Las Parras next to the Cafe Ole. I was just there earlier this week doing some marine surveys. While working at about 40 ft on a shallow near Danzante island, we got buzzed by about a dozen dolphins acting like fighter planes. They stayed for about 3 minutes and our boat crew said they were jumping like they were in a circus act.

The best water temps and visibility are from July to November.

JoeQ

Been a while since I've been on Scubaboard.

December is a quiet month. Temp is moderate. A 3mm full should be adequate but I keep a 5/3 hooded vest handy to put under it in case I'm feeling cool. Vis is still pretty good. Marine mammals (sea lions and elephant seals) are abundant around a rock outcropping called Los islotes at the north end of Isla Espiritu Santo in La Paz bay. Best outfitter is Baja Expeditions. They have a website but I don't have it down. Check Yahoo.

Good chance of seeing dolphins and maybe a pod of pilot whales. Out of La Paz, check out the newly sunk wreck. Gulf of California also has among the highest diversity of sharks in the world but they are getting badly hammered by the shark fin hunters. I've seen a few but I'm lucky.

Baja is stark and at first seems lifeless, but it grows on you and then becomes very powerful.

Get ahold of Baja Ex. they can get you out wherever you want to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom