Larick Tables vs NAUI tables????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabeachboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everybody,.......what going on today.

Qurestion: My new girlfriend is starting dive lessons.
I qualled in 1983 or so.
Her study guide has LARICK tables and Naui tables.

Has anyone done a comparrison of the tables for simmilar dive times, TNT, ADT, ect???

I like the Larick table, however, it seems a bit "too easy", I feel like I am ommitting serious concerns without evaluation????

It appears that the Larick table, like the NAUI (non-RGBM) table is based upon the USN table. Both the NAUI and the Larick tables have slightly reduced the USN NDL times, but use the same repetitive dive groups and algorithm for calculating the allowable NDL repetive dives. The main difference is that, rather than requiring a diver to add the residual time as in the NAUI and USN tables, the Larick tables have already done the addition and generated separate tables for and A diver, B diver .... up through J diver.

Same info. Same limits as Naui. Just repackaged.

I had to go to the Walla Walla College Scuba Manual to find the Larick tables. They appear to be a reformatting of the OLD NAUI tables, which where just US Navy Tables cut back one step.

Thalass:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
thank you for the insight on the Larick tables.
I always thaought there had to be an easier way to calculate a 2nd, 3rd, dive.
I always thought this NAUI chaRT is really hosed.
I have always stuck to 60 feet 60 minutes max, have lunch, nap, and go again.
If I went beyond 60 feet it was a quick trip to look at something.

Thank you.

P.s., you mentioned walla walla, I am in Richland,

P.s., you mentioned walla walla, I am in Richland,
It is a rather esoteric source.

The big thing with the NAUI tables is that was the first time any set of table had been arranged in a circular format which was a really brilliant design. The first ones were straight U.S. Navy, then they just used U.S. Navy cut back one step, then they started monkeying with them and I went back to straight U.S. Navy for all my air diving, with the addition of a deep stop and a precautionary stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom