LASIK eye surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody out there (I'm sure there is) that has had LASIK eye surgery. How did it turn out....both positive and negative. How has it affected your diving both short term and long term. I'm getting it done in about two weeks and can't wait to get it done.

Had it done in March - after 30 years of wearing glasses or contacts, it is great.

I still have to wear reading glasses for very close up work or reading very small print.

As far as diving goes, luckily I can still see all my gauges OK without correction.

Doc told me to not dive for about two weeks after the surgery.

I had it done last year and then my parents both went and had it done shortly after (they used me as the ginea pig.) My Dad and I did great with it. My Mom had to have 2 follow up procedures but in the end loves it too. She was 20x1200 before and my Dad and I were about 20x500 so hers took longer to get fine tuned because it was much more of a correction.

Good luck

Chad

After 33 years of wearing glasses, glad to have them gone.......I can see things "brighter", no slipping glasses when I sweat, no fogging glasses when I referee and play hockey,,,,,,,,,,abd best of all no perscription lenses in my dive mask...........My Dr. advised 4 weeks before I dove, more for the infection aspect than anything. I was legal to drive the next day and 20/20 within a week..........I still (almost 3 mos) use artificial tears and wear sunglasses as much as possible. This is for the dryness I experience. Your eyelids take time to readjust to the new eyeball shape and therefore you don't have the natural lubrication on the eyes. I do also wear reading glasses depending on the lighting and font size. You must go into the procedure not expecting to have no blurriness ever again. Things will from time to time be unfocused, and blurry. I find I am great out of doors, but in mall, I have a hell of time seeing things with "pinpoint" sight.

Good Luck:boom:

Back
Top Bottom