Last Day of Summer :{

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ComputerJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well we've had frost warnings but Lake Huron is still warm so it dosen't seem that my last charters of the year are coming up in one short week. The forest has barely started to turn so lets hope for an extension of summer to make up for our crappy spring.

Thunder Bay has been a pea soup for the last 4 weeks. The wind has been going around and around the compass rose. Looking forward to the 60 foot viz of this Spring....hell when Bruno's was up we had 200' on the Grecian, but if I don't wish for too much I might not be dissapointed.

It was great diving with you Joe! Hope someone organizes an early season trip for next year as well..... I will never forget the sight of the New Orleans coming into full view as we dropped down the line, or the surface intervals, or yes the fantastic viz! See ya next spring...

Alright! can I get an AMEN! It looks like the list starts early with at least two.... count me in for the Memorial weekend trip!! I'll bring the generator and an improved drysuit dryer. Maybe we need to bring a compressor,booster, He/O2 cylinder combo pack as well.....

Thunder Bird II is waiting.
ThunderBird1.jpg

Looking at taking the Bird Out for one last dive before putting her away and going to DEMA. A couple a die hards are even willing to pay me but that would mean I don't get to dive, so if the weather is not as bad as last weekend we are splashing Sat & Sun Oct 8 & 9 if anyone is interested in a fun dive contact me.

Thunder Bay has been a pea soup for the last 4 weeks. The wind has been going around and around the compass rose. Looking forward to the 60 foot viz of this Spring....hell when Bruno's was up we had 200' on the Grecian, but if I don't wish for too much I might not be dissapointed.
What a day that was! It has been like warm soup down here the last few weeks too! Due to popular demand we will probably be up the weekend after Memorial Day next year - pencil us in and we'll see you at DEMA!!

GOTCHA!

I had an inquiry for 6 divers on Oct 28...was hold off winterizing the Thunder Bird, but havent heard from them since Monday so I guess it's time to lay her up. A quick look at the weather report this morning just re-enforced that idea. :depressed:

Okay Time to start resurecting some of these threads..... How soon will you be putting in for the new wreck diving season????? Somebody needs to start the conversation about Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Okay Time to start resurecting some of these threads..... How soon will you be putting in for the new wreck diving season????? Somebody needs to start the conversation about Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Planned on pulling my boat in to the shop a week ago but our roads were mud bogs and I didn't want to dirty the 'bird'. Now that its dried up I have to call the dumpster man and have him move it from its winter berth to make room for the boat. Still have lots of tinkering to do and one more round of bearings and seals but I'm getting good at it. Had planned to be doing trial runs by the first of May.

Just got an e-mail from an instructor looking to come up here to do openwaters with a student. I reccomended Rock Port. With the stairs its a breeze getting in and out and only 4' to swim to get to 18' of water. I need to get out to Lake Avalon to check out the recent shipwreck there and see how many mussels it has attracted.

Dam that warm weather sure caught us by surprise!

Back
Top Bottom