Last Ice Dive of the Season.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ice Divers,

I just finished my open water cert, and I've heard about ice diving. What's the allure to it? Is it just so you can dive in the cold months, or is there something more to it?

Well, there is that - you can certainly dive year round. I find it's a great team building activity as it requires more effort and planning to run smoothly. Not only are you diving, but you need surface support to assist. As for the diving itself, often times the visizbility can be better than in open water, so you can see sites you've been to with amazing clarity. As well, you can see interesting ice formations, etc. Lotsa reasons.

Ice Saw? Heck no, that sounds like W O R K.

"Real" divers carry chain saws, with 36 inch bars!

I love the smell of burning pre-mix from a chain saw in the morning, nothing like it in the dead of winter.

Of course we do play TWO kinds of music while we're cuttin ourselves a big old hole to go divin in. Country AND western. Never mind the bottle of Jack Daniels or the triple malt scotch over in the corner, thats fer later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom