Last minute trip to Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Senecafalls

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i might have a chance to go to Grand Cayman in a few weeks, FOR FREE!!!!!!! If the trip happens I would have 2 to 2 1/2 days available for diving. Would be a single diver. What would folks recommend for a dive operation with a good reputation. Also, what are the "can't miss" dive sites?

The Caymans offer "a different dive site for every day of the year" so finding good sites are no problem. My favorite dive op is Divetech at Cobalt Coast.

There are many good dive Ops on Island...DNS diving,Ambassador,Wall to Wall ,Indigo, just to name a few.Most are very good.Just stay away from the cattle boats.

If you've never been to Cayman The North Wall is probably some of the best .

Ambassador (+1), Wall to Wall , Indigo Divers
Also Neptunes Divers or Ocean Frontiers <- only if you're staying on the East End.

My short list of better dives:

Big Tunnel
Trinity Caves
Bonnie's Arch
Babylon
Eagle Ray Pass
Orange Canyon

One other worth mentioning is Devils Grotto downtown. Normally it's just an average shallow dive with some swim-thru's but the Silversides are in right now and probably still will be in a couple weeks. It changes the whole character of the dive: http://vimeo.com/45878194 It would be a shore dive so you may need a buddy. Eden Rock Dive is on-site there.

Turtle Reef in the NW Point area is another good shore dive - Sundivers is there. Either have rent-a-DM options also.

The two "signature" Grand Cayman dives are the Kittiwake and Stingray City. If you're with non-divers, the SRC snorkel - at Sandbar - is almost as good - probably even better for interaction.

Many of the sites can be seen here in HD video - Welcome To iDive! | iDive

Need more info on where you are staying and when. Will you be at the same location the entire stay or can you move to another location when you are diving.

+1 on the north wall depends on where you are staying but I like Deep Blue Divers
I agree! I've been diving with Deep Blue for 10 years. In the summer they will dive both the North Sound and the west walls. If you request a dive trip to the Kittiwake they will accommodate that as well. Enjoy!

Deep Blue Divers if you are staying on the west side of the island. We have been using them for years. There are no bad dive sites. Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:
Dive the North Wall if possible, pretty much anywhere is fun. If you have not StingRay City then it is a must.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom