Last second Ebay outbidders, I hate em

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I really get ticked off when I'm 5 seconds away from a killer deal on a product, then I get outbidded and I don't have enough time to put another bid in.

Anyone else with similar experiences, or have some advice on how to win an auction for once? I missed out on a great scuba accesory this morning.

Mel

I heard that there was a program that would bid for you at the very last moment.

Any truth in that?

Ed.

edneeves:
I heard that there was a program that would bid for you at the very last moment.

Any truth in that?

Ed.
There are several, bidsniper and auctionsniper are two that comes to mind. Check those out.

Paul

Guilty as charged, i have been known to drop in for a last second outbidding, however i usually preface this by putting in a bid early on for a moderate price and leave the big bid til the last possible moment. I think getting a program to do it for you is cheating, you have to do it by your own hand otherwise it is underhanded.

I have won a good few auctions recently (in fact maybe one too many) and got pretty good deals on stuff, but most stuff i put in something first, see how the bids are shaping up and if no action in the last minute and i am still losing i hit the button around 15 seconds and it marks it up just before the closing time.

gfisher4792:
Only one piece of advise: do last second bidding using DSL or cable, and refresh often.
Yes i can attest to that, when using dial-up, the loading was a lot slower and i have missed my window (even pressing at 1 minute), so now i use the office computer :wink:

I put in my maximum bid and let it go, this helps stop the last minute guys if the max is high enough.

I've sold things before that have tripled in price in the last 15 seconds. EBay should offer an auction extension service. Something like, add a minute to the auction after last bid. You don't see "analog" auctions end because times up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom