Last weekend's dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I went diving in Jupiter, FL this past Saturday and just wanted to
share what a great day it was. The water was 82ºF, 2'or less seas, 80' of vis! You couldn't really ask for a better day. I did 2 drift dives on some ledges. 70' max depth. I saw my first Hawk's Bill Turtle and saw a couple of the biggest Loggerhead Turtlel that I have ever seen, they were the size of small cars, about 5'-6' long! Saw a couple of big baracudas and a spotted moray. Also I got to do my first swim thru on a reef, that was cool.

Sounds fun! However, I have to ask, where is Jupiter?

Actually Jupiter, FL is on the east coast of Florida just above West Palm Beach. The charter I use is www.jupiterdivecenter.com.

Did I mention how warm the water and how good the vis was!

Wendy,
Sounds like another great Florida dive. Did you forget to mention the vis and water temp?:thumb: :tree: Bob

Wendy,
Your trip to Jupiter sounded excellent. The ops. you use, do they put DMs in the water or do the divers carry the marker floats ?
I checked out their website, looks like a good operation. I can't believe we have never dove Jupiter, sounds like a must do.

Thanks, John

At the Jupiter Dive center they divide the boat up into 2 groups and each group has a DM with a flag that we follow. These are massive groups either. My last trip out with them the boat was full, but we still only ended up with 5 divers plus the DM in our group. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but in Jupiter, its drift diving and you are diving a ledge. The top of the reef is at 60' and the sand is at 80', so you just kinda dive along the ledge. I always end up in the middle somewhere around 70'.

The ops I use in West Palm Beach alos have in water divemasters that tow the flag for the divers. The only place I have heard where you tow your own flag is in Sebastian, and my freind told me that when she dived up there they gave each buddy group a flag to tow. That must have looked funny from the boat.

I'm going again this weekend. I'll post another report when I get back. Hopefully it will be as geat as last time. sadly I had to return the double Al 80's I was using and will have to go back to diving a single tank. :(

Wendy:
Sounds like a great time. Now I really can't wait to dive in Florida again.
Thanks for sharing!

:sunny:

Sounds like you had a great dive. I saw a turtle here on the FLa Panhandle couple of weeks ago but are friends the fisherman had cause it to drown. It had fishing line wrap around it and the wreck and it had died. I was very sad. Wish there was something I could have done. But it was to late.

Shaun

Wendy:

Other ops that let you go on your own without a DM:

South Florida Diving Headquarters (Pompano and Boca) www.sfdh.com

Loggerhead (Boynton) www.loggerheadcharters.com

The Deeper and lil Deeper out of Boynton. (Don't know the web page)

I will be diving Pompano with SFDH this weekend.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom