Lauderdale by the Sea shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the bright side, stopped at the Blue Heron Bridge Sunday morning on the way home for my first try there. It was a most pleasant surprise. Very little like what I had imagined. Because of a camera battery issue, I ended up spending almost no time around the pilings area, but rather spent most of my dive (after changing batteries) just off the "beach". No shortage of cool stuff to photograph. Hope to get the pics on line soon.

Kevin
Savannah

Blue Heron Bridge Sept 2010 - a set on Flickr

In spite of surfer-type wave action, gave it a try Saturday morning, the 25th. Made it out past the buoys. Dropped down, but couldn't see the bottom until it was about a foot away. That, along with about a four foot surge, made it way more interesting for diving than I'm up for. :D

Still learning about the location. My first four trips down this year had totally spoiled me. Last time down there must have been 60 feet of viz, and none of the previous trips had less than 20 feet.

Kevin
Savannah

Some pics from that day: LBTS Sept 25, 2010 Rough Seas - a set on Flickr

Never sed I wuz smart.

Kevin

Hey, LBTS divers! How's the viz and water temps lately? Jim & I had fun diving LBTS in October, and may be in the area mid-Dec. We hope to join in with Gold Coast Scuba's holiday dive & BBQ. Anyone else attending?

I'm planning on attending the holiday dive..

Please give a report as I am out of the water until the new year.

Dove yesterday morning...blue skies, almost nobody else in the parking lot, airtemp 70, water temp 73 at the bottom...20 vis on the first reef and 40 on the second. All the ususal suspects on the reef...rays, turtles, tropicals, and the star of the show as a green moray curled up with short bit of leader sticking out of her hole, so I couldn't tell if she was foul-hooked, tangled, or just happened to be in the hole too.

Got in five dives over a weekend back in September. Not very good at weeding anything out. :) :dork2: LBTS Sept 10-12, 2010 - a set on Flickr I *do* get a big kick out of cleaning stations. . . Finally got some time for fiddling with pics now that the tennis season is over.

My wife and I are going to try and get a dive in here on Jan 22nd before we leave for our cruise. Would there be anyone willing to show us around? This will be our first saltwater dive although we have about 20 freshwater dives.

We'll be there from Dec 25th through the 30th. Anyone have a guess at water temps to expect?
Thanks!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom