Lauderdale Diving 7/8-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phree337

Reaction score
(Wow... I haven't posted on here in a LONG time! Let's see if anyone remembers....)

Hey everyone! I'll be in the Lauderdale area the weekend of July 8-10. Since my employer decided to show their appreciation to us employees by making us work on the 4th of July, I'll show my gratitude by spending all that EXTRA money on diving the next weekend!! I don't have any firm plans yet, so this post is just to see who's interested in doing some diving that weekend. Right now I'm thinking about Brownie's Southport Divers, The Diversity, or Jupiter Dive Charters. Anybody else have plans for that weekend? Maybe just some good ol' beach divin'?? Post yer thoughts and let's get something planned. Thanks!

I might be up for something that weekend. I have the 8th and 9th off. I'm sure some of the other Conch divers will chime in with ideas but always up for a deep wreck dive.

You know I'd love to Lee but I will be in the Flower Gardens... (can't stop rubbing it in) :D

Hopefully your trip doesn't get blown out...

I think they (Gulf Diving) are about 4/8 over the past 2 months on weekend trips.

Back to the thread at hand - I was just down with the Brownie's crew this weekend doing Fundamentals and would strongly recommend them.

Yeah, it can get pretty hit-or-miss with the weather this time of year.... But I'm optimistic!!

Keep rubbing it in Marvel... I know you'll have a good time--be sure to send pics!!

OK, so I'll be travelling on Friday morning and won't be able to do any diving until Friday afternoon or evening. I'll most likely be staying at the Paradise by the Sea Hotel in LBTS. It's right off of Hibiscus and one block from beach diving! I'm planning on doing two boat dives (four dives total) on Saturday, still undecided on which boat.... I'll be making some calls tomorrow to decide. Maybe get a few morning dives in on Sunday and then return home.

I'll post more tomorrow.....

Brownie's is completely open on Saturday the 9th; haven't heard back from The Diversity yet; Jupiter Dive Charters still shows wide open on their website....

Have a safe and fun 4th everyone! Travel safe and dive safe!

OK, I have spots on Brownie's for Saturday at 1:30pm (1:00pm show). The boat still has plenty of room if anyone wants to join in....

I called the boat today and they said some guy named Dennis cancelled my reservations...what's up with that?

I'll try this again some other day. Thanks to those who expressed interest though!

phree337:
I called the boat today and they said some guy named Dennis cancelled my reservations...what's up with that?

I'll try this again some other day. Thanks to those who expressed interest though!

That I am aware of that DiveOps cancel (well more if you count personal/boat/breakdown problems), weather, not enough interest.

I'd call some other Ops and see if they are going out. If they cancelled for weather, you maybe SOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom