LD mount for RX100M2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WPaDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My new RX100M2 should be knocking at my door any minute now! So now on to the housing. I had just about made up my mind on the Nauticam but then started reading a little bit more on the Acquapazza. The one thing that most caught my eye was that you can change the port from the standard 67 mm to an LD. That and color. I really like the idea of the bayonet LD mount as opposed to trying to unscrew and screw fine threads under water. On the Nauticam you must get an adapter, either Nauticam's or one from Fisheye (which I am having some difficulty locating to buy) What I'm wondering is, will having the built in LD mount on the Acquapazza give any better optical performance to wet mount lenses compared to the Nauticam+adapter?

I have an acquapazza and LD port with Inon macro and wide angle lenses (RX100M2). I've just finished building the rig and i'm off to the Philippines in 4 weeks so will be testing then. I'm fairly new to underwater photography, but i'm happy to help if i can. I liked the smaller size of the acquapazza housing as it all packs down really tightly in my carryon along with strobes, chargers, video light, dive lights etc. I must say that i am very impressed with the performance of the RX100M2 so far!

I have a Nauticam RX100 and had previously an LX7. I have a fix LD adapter and I warmly recommend having a bayonet over an M67
My lenses with the RX100 are Inon UWL-H100, Inon UCL165-LD + Inon UCL165M67 as stack lenses
This covers all possible shooting scenarios with the RX100 for video, for pictures you may want to consider a dome for the wide angle lens

Which part of the Philippines? Poor old Malapascua badly hit by the typhoon. Please consider donations for this poor country struggling with this latest disaster.

Thanks all for your help, especially Interceptor121 with your hugely informative blog. I'm going Nauticom with the FIX LD adapter. Diving in Curacao after New Years, in the pool as soon as I get all the pieces.

Supporting the Red Cross for the Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom