LDS bait and switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdtgray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Yet another example of poor service from a LDS..

I recently found a dive store advertising a dive rite mini-wreck hid canister light on it's website at a clearance price of $425. So I thought - 'great price.' Since the store sells by mail, I called the store to get more information.

The salesperson verified the specifications of the light - Dive Rite, Mini-Wreck canister (NiMH batteries) with a MR11 10 watt HID head. The canister was lightly used but the head was not. Because of that, they were actually asking $399 for the light.

I put a seven-day hold on the light and mailed their order forms via priority mail to meet the seven-day window.

After they received the forms, they send a message saying that they actually dont have the light in stock, and therefore are cancelling the order because it is "too much trouble to sell the light at cost." Despite knowing that I reside in NY State, they also said that "If you were to come into the store we could guarantee satisfaction."

Of course when I called they said that they would be more than willing to sell the light they did have - a Dive Rite Wreck 1 canister with the same lighthead. A similar light, but definitely neither what I want, nor what I was quoted.

Although I've done my share in posting my dissapointment with several of the LDS's around So Cal I have tried to deal with, this is not an isolated incident.

Obviously, B&S implies intent. Was this just a bonehead move by some poorly organized businesspeople, or was this simply a lie.

Sounds like you did your part, and now they've lost a customer and a deal. Maybe its a bit of both.

I feel for you. Treasure hunting is rewarding - its the best feeling to hunt, find, and know you got a good deal. Its a killer when the deal falls through.

K

Back
Top Bottom