LDS Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is not a question so much as it is a story. After spending a summer saving my pennies, three weeks ago I ordered an Aeris XR-2 console at my local dive shop. I intentionally went to me LDS, even though I knew I could probably find a better deal online, I wanted to support them. They are the only shop in the area.

To make a long story short, I ordered it on a Friday and was told it would be there in a week. A week later I showed up - no computer. Another week later, no computer. Now the owner says that he has contacted Aries and the order was lost. He has the original fax confirmation that it went through the day I ordered it. He has reordered it. Another week has gone by and still no computer.

The LDS owner has been great through this process, giving me a rental computer free of charge and even throwing in a free tank rental. However, I guess I just wanted to share this experience with Aeris because it just seems to be poor customer service on their part. I could have ordered it from a website and had my computer in hand a few days later. I would think that they would want to service your dealers better than that. In my opinion, once it was discovered that an error was made the computer should have shipped that day. (In which case it would have been here several days ago)

I am not a complainer, but I also know that if no one says anything nothing ever gets fixed. Please take this is the light of trying to make things better and not a rage against any one. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hi Andy - sorry for the hassle. Without knowing who the LDS is, I can't do much to research it on this end. What I can tell you - is that the XR-2 console is in stock - and we do not make a habit of not shipping orders... If you would like, PM the dealer name, and I can at the least see if and when this order was placed - and what the hang up is. I won't contact the dealer without permission from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom