lead toxicity...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcinny:
Do you use dip or spray ?

That's a personal question, isn't it? :rofl3:

Seriously though, I've noticed a light greyish tinge to the water coming out of my soft weight bags when I rinse them. I've also noticed the dark stained water coming out of ankle weights when I rinse them. I'm becoming a bit concerned.

Although I agree that the amount of lead I may be introducing to the water is very small when considering the volume of the ocean, I do wonder. After all, the argument used to be made that the amount of fish being taken fro the ocean is realtively small compared to the volume of the ocean.:(

A few BC manufactureers actual have a statement in their warantee that if hard weights are used in the pouches, the warantee is voided!:shakehead

No answers...just questions...

Ian

marcinny:
Do you use dip or spray ?
I dip the weights two times letting them dry between coats.....I also use a monofilament line to dip them with and to hang them to dry....that way you get an even coat around the weights,,,,and just trim off the line when they're dry,,,,

Mike01:
I dip the weights two times letting them dry between coats.....I also use a monofilament line to dip them with and to hang them to dry....that way you get an even coat around the weights,,,,and just trim off the line when they're dry,,,,

Thanks a lot I will give a try !!!!!

Regards

Maricn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom