Leaks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RecklessAmateur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I have an older White's suit (neoprene on bottom, shell on top, self-entry) that I generally enjoy EXCEPT it leaks (kind of a big except, I guess). I've replaced the neck seal and both wrist seals, and I've had by LDS go over it several times. They've put Aqua Seal to work where the attached boots meet the neoprene. The lower half is fine, but not the upper.

My question is whether I can send you folks the suit to use your Canadian ingenuity to see if you can find the leaks and seal 'em up. It may be that it's just a tired old suit, but if it's possible to make it relatively airtight I'd probably prefer to do that, 'cause I don't dive it enough to justify springing for a new one right now.

So, that's my question. Hope you can help. this is my second White's suit and do like your stuff, especially the bears on the knees! Thanks.

David

We can certainly help - take the suit into your local Whites dealer - they can get an RA #, send it in, we'll test it, seal her up, and send her back! You will likely be without the suit for 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,
Tyler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom