Leaving for Puerto Vallarta next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I were in PV last March. I was at a conference for a week, then she joined me for a week of vacation. The diving is OK at the Mariettas, and we did go thru a pod of dolphins on our way back in. Be careful getting on the boats tho.....When loading more than 6 people, the dive shop will put all the folks, their gear and tanks into one sixpack (in our case it was 12), then launch you into the surf since there is no dock. We then went out about 100 yards and half of us were told to jump into another sixpack. Unfortunately, there is still significant surf there, and my wife left part of her thumb on the edge of the boat when they came together. You can never be told too often to keep your fingers away from traps:( Enjoy your trip

Original post, dated 03-11-03, indicates, "I'm going to Puerto Vallarta next week." I suspect that he's already back home.

Well, perhaps good for those searching the archives at
some time in the future.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hey, Canuck...you should be back. How about a trip report. Even though I was just there 2 months ago, it feels like 2 years. I need to live vicariously through others. Spill all the details.

Hope I'm not to late, I dove in PV in March last year with Blue Bays house dive shop. They were OK. For some reason prices seem higher in PV than in the Yucatan(including Cozumel) but it was far from bad. When I was there the Ocean was a little rough couldn't get out to the better spots but had a good time at Los Arcos. I noticed a lot of Canadians there must be offering some good packages for you northerners.
Have fun :froggy:
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom