LED Underwater light for Gopro under $10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyTV

Reaction score
GoPro UFO Ring Light » CheesyCam

Found this site which has a lot of budget alternatives for video projects and came across this waterproof light which you can find on ebay for under $10. The light is made for camping and claims to be waterproof but doesn't give any details, but for the price it might be worth giving it a try. I only snorkel so the light might be just what I need in shallow waters.

How are LEDs underwater? distance? color temp?

Any thoughts? or other ways to mount the light other than glueing the tripod adapter to it.

i dun think this light can go underwater... splash proof maybe... but do not look 'dive' proof

Very interesting concept but I don't think they would be too helpful other than for close up shots. LEDs by their nature have a very diffused light and very short throw. Their color temperature however is excellent and they burn cool. My guess is that this setup would be good to about 1-2ft away.....MAYBE
Steve

If you are only snorkeling you don't really need a light. The ambient light will have much more effect than a light at a distance greater than a couple of feet.

:idk:I was just going by BeckyTV's post: "Found this site which has a lot of budget alternatives for video projects and came across this waterproof light which you can find on ebay for under $10. The light is made for camping and claims to be waterproof but doesn't give any details, but for the price it might be worth giving it a try. I only snorkel so the light might be just what I need in shallow waters."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom