LED upgrade for UK SL4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I think this thread is cursed - this is the third time I’ve tried; I hope Scubaboard doesn't have another meltdown!

My question is: is there a kit that will convert a UK SL4 or the older model Halcyon Scout (that uses UK SL4 head) to LED?

Yes, right now MAL Lighting is the only source. The bulb asembly will fit in the benzle for the SL4 or scout/scout clones. I belive they retail for around US$100 . Halcyon had a LED replacment listed in the 2005 catalog, I have only heard about it but I inquired about the price..............US$140 for just the bulb .

Thank you for info! Do you happen to know where I can get this MAL bulb (uHLD1) in the US (other than Tech Blue in New Jersey)?

Tech Blue is the only place I know of, but I havent looked too much. Im waiting for some others to purchas the LED's and post if there worth the money.

salty:
Im waiting for some others to purchas the LED's and post if there worth the money.

Very wise. If I do managed to get a hold of one I’ll definitely let you know. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom