Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrdivagrl

Reaction score
Hello there. I know that there have been MANY complaints about Leisure Pro. I recently went to their store in Manhattan and to be honest nothing i saw in there was fake. I highly doubt they intended to rip anyone off.

just my little tid bit.

anna

Edited by NetDoc

jrdivagrl:
Hello there. I know that there have been MANY complaints about Leisure Pro. I recently went to their store in Manhattan and to be honest nothing i saw in there was fake. They were all orthodox Jews so I highly doubt they intended to rip anyone off.

just my little tid bit.

anna

I agree that LP has its place...and I've bought from them several times. Thanks for the on-site view of the store...

:banana:

Bought many things from them never had a problem. Always had a pleaseant experience

Well, I ordered a roll control system from them last week (thursday) and had to wait today to find out that they put a hold on my order because my billing address for my debit card is in the US and my shipping address now is Guam as I am in the Navy. Tried to explain this over the phone as well as email and these guys don't seem to understand that yes, this does happen because people in the military do have to move from time to time. Long story short, won't take my word for it and thus i waited 5 days to find out they will not take my credit/debit card! Pretty crappy if you ask me! I wouldl ove to give my business to Larry at Scubatoys but apparently he does not carry roll control:( Just my .02

Jason

Bigkidneys,
First thank you for your service.
Second, I am not defending Leisurepro, but most internet stores will not ship to an address other than the billing address. I have had a PO box for 30 years and have had to change my address to my physical address so I can get things shipped to me.
Tim

Bigkidneys:
Well, I ordered a roll control system from them last week (thursday) and had to wait today to find out that they put a hold on my order because my billing address for my debit card is in the US and my shipping address now is Guam as I am in the Navy. Tried to explain this over the phone as well as email and these guys don't seem to understand that yes, this does happen because people in the military do have to move from time to time. Long story short, won't take my word for it and thus i waited 5 days to find out they will not take my credit/debit card! Pretty crappy if you ask me! I wouldl ove to give my business to Larry at Scubatoys but apparently he does not carry roll control:( Just my .02

Jason

Shoot me an email with a link to the product you want, and I'll get it within a week. If you can wait that long, I'd love to help.

Larry,
Just shot you a PM but forgot to add the link. here it is:

http://www.ecpdb.com/rollcontrol.htm#Rope Cleat

Tim,
Thanks for the kind words. I have never looked at it as more than a job. I have been extremely fortunate in the places I have been and things the navy has allowed me to do. I am currently on a 2 year hiatus in Guam for some R&R :11ztongue Just hope our brothers come back in one piece from that sandbox!

Jason

scubatoys:
Shoot me an email with a link to the product you want, and I'll get it within a week. If you can wait that long, I'd love to help.

i dont think the issue is with fake stuff as it is with Gray market stuff.

I've ordered from LP several times, and they never told me they were Orthodox Jews! If that ain't false advertising, I don't know what is!? Oh, I got my stuff on time and at a great price.

jrdivagrl:
Hello there. I know that there have been MANY complaints about Leisure Pro. I recently went to their store in Manhattan and to be honest nothing i saw in there was fake. They were all orthodox Jews so I highly doubt they intended to rip anyone off.

just my little tid bit.

anna

Greymarket is the term used for products manufactured with the intent to be distributed in a country other than where they are sold.

So far my experience with LP is that everything I've received was intended for sale in the US based on packaging, and instructions.

LP does not appear to be grey, they are just not authorized dealers from most of the stuff they sell. There is a big difference.

In camera equipment some grey market items will not be serviced in the US. Model names are often different, manuals come in a foreign language, and packaging is different. The fact one may have trouble getting service in the US for grey market items based on seriel and model numbers is a real issue with some grey camera gear.

In the world of Scuba the term grey market seems to be mis-used to describe products that were often made, distributed, and sold in the US by those who are NOT willing to sign away their rights to do business as they please in the name of becoming an authorized dealer....

Not sure if there is a word to describe this type of retailer, but Greymarket based on my decades of dealing with grey eletronics gear definately does not really apply.

Ron

Fly N Dive:
i dont think the issue is with fake stuff as it is with Gray market stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom