Lembeh Resort or Kungkungan Bay Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some small remark about food in Indonesia. Often I hear and read that people complain that both the fish and meat are overcooked here. This has a very good reason: staying healthy. The climate and food/cooking culture does not allow it to make beef that did not cook for a long time (the excellent Rendang for example). Same for the fish, I definitely advice not to eat raw or half raw fish. Better forget about pork at all to prevent problems.

Rob

Yumm. I love Indonesian food, especially padang. My Indoneisan colleagues don't even ask me what or where I want to eat anymore because they always get the same answer.....padang! The Ikan (bakar?) and with sambal is great too and Soto Ayam but padang is still the best.....I wish it was lunch time now !!

See you soon.

Dean02

This thread is 11 years old, so I would really love some updated thoughts on the matter if some divers have been to one, or even better to both resorts - specifically NAD - Lembeh Resort or KBR? I am looking at planning a vacation for 2018 and would like some assistance with choosing my resort.

Much appreciated!!!

Have been to NAD, Divers Lodge Lembeh and Black Sands. All three were good and would go back to any of them. Of the three NAD had the best guides (finding interesting creatures - hairy octo! for eg) house reef was closed when I was there. Black Sands had the best boats, food accommodation and house reef. Boats were fast so you could easily return to the lodge between dives, food was really really good. A bit of a climb from shore to your cabin. Great house reef. DLL has a mandarin fish dive as their house reef and long climb to accommodation and when I was there the mosquitos were nasty. No issues at the other two with mosquitos.

To me I am there to dive and see interesting creatures so NAD would be my first choice, Black Sands a close second as they are more expensive and guides not quite as good (owner from BC) All of these comments are very marginal differences. The guides were great at Black Sands and DLL and the accommodation and food at all three was very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom