Lembeh Strait / Bunaken combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Remember that Bangka do their 2-3 diving at the time...
-don't you ever go to Lembeh Hills resort just know, they even hire the diving boat (and the air you bread underwater).
-for now, Lembeh,KLR,NAD... those places have best diveteam.

Hello Ryu,

how do you know all these things? Did you really dive with all operators here?

I have to agree with some earlier posts. KBR and Lembeh have excellent guides and the professional duo of Mike and Simon over at NAD is a big bonus if you are a photographer. Both are well published photo pros and I have worked with both on a professional and personal level over the years. You cannot go wrong at any of the three places.

Lorenzoid, Have a wonderful honeymoon! & Merry X'mas! :sleigh:

Sorry to keep hi-jacking your thread. :blush: Anyway, just to update, won't be at Tasik Ria, saved the money & bought an anti-sharking billboard by Shark Savers. Will be at Sedona Manado (diving w Minahasa Divers), as suggested by Wisnu in another thread (though he hasn't dived w them. anyway, Wisnu- thanks!). Given a choice, would be at Lembeh the whole time but 1 friend is a snorkellers, so.... Will post a trip report (Gorontalo, Manado & hopefully at least a day in Lembeh) when back.

If you would like to experience island escape for diving in Bunaken, try Siladen Island Resort, located on the white Sandy Beach Siladen Island. This small island is only about 10 minutes by boat from Bunaken.

If you would like to stay in 4 star hotel with one of the best dive center in the area you might wanna check Santika Hotel & Thalassa Dive Center.

The area of diving in Bangka is wider than Bunaken. Bunaken very popular for the wall while Bangka offer more varieties of diving.

if you want high end accommodation for Bangka you can try Gangga Island Resort, and for budget accommodation yet good diving try Blue Bay Divers.

With regards to the original post when I did Bunaken I stayed at Tasik Ria. The resort was nice but long boat rides out to Bunaken. If I were to dive Bunaken again I'd probably either stay at Hotel Santika(on mainland) or look at one of the places on Bunaken. Have a good trip and congrats on your marriage.

xariatay
when you trip to manado/lembeh ?
we depart tonight to Singapore then silkair to Manado tommorow morning. too bad no direct flight to manado from brunei.
at Lembeh we'lll stay at KBR - then will try Sedona for 2 nights degassing - no diving.

lorenzo
the hillside villa of KBR nice for honeymooner

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Posts containing personal insults and trolling have been removed as well as those referencing them.

Carolyn:shark2:

xariatay
when you trip to manado/lembeh ?
we depart tonight to Singapore then silkair to Manado tommorow morning. too bad no direct flight to manado from brunei.
at Lembeh we'lll stay at KBR - then will try Sedona for 2 nights degassing - no diving.

lorenzo
the hillside villa of KBR nice for honeymooner

:balloons: Enjoy your holiday & diving!!! Will fly on 26 Dec.

Back
Top Bottom