Lembeh unless....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning to stay on a Raja Ampat liveaboard (undecided as of now) in February and will fly in a few days early to acclimate and do some diving too.
I will be flying into Jakarta.
At the moment, I am concentrating on Lembeh. The flight I am looking at lands at midnight so I hope to catch a flight to Manado without having to leave the airport.

I would love to hear arguments for other dive sites for 5 or 6 nights but please not Padangbai, Komodo and Alor. I dove those in August.
The liveaboards I am considering embark from Sorong. An easy commute i.e, one flight away, is preferable.

Thank you

There are direct flights between Manado and Sorong. Lembeh or Bunaken would be easy as a result. Bangka?

I’m from California as well and have been to adoring 2X. Both times I caught a 5-6 AM out of Jakarta to Sorong. Some stop in Manado so you can get a direct there or on the way back from Raja which is what I did for Lembeh.

I may now have 12-13 nights. Thinking of splitting between Lembeh and Bangka. 8/5 respectively...

Has anyone stayed at the new White Sands Beach Resort (by Eco Divers) or Bastianos Bangka?

For myself, I'd do the 8 days at Bangka but that's just due to my personal taste.

I'm only familiar with one of them, it's where I've stayed every time.

It all depends on budget, requirements or wishes for accommodation and facilities.

....... No going back now I guess. Bangka. Sigh...

What do you mean?

Ooh . . .that you were blessed to be there long before other resorts popped up, yes?

Back
Top Bottom