Lens recommendations, please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble Junky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to underwater photography and am now looking to invest in a macro lens for my Canon S95 and Ikelite housing... Can anyone make a couple of suggestions for me please, as I don't even know where to start looking yet...

Also, what would be the best way to clean the inside of my housing, especially the 'port' in front of the lens - I've been a bit reluctant to attempt a proper clean in there for fear of scratching etc...

Many thanks for time and help...

Cheers... :D

For your 67mm thread you can try
Subsee 10+ diopter good for super macro 3.5x
Subsee 5+ diopter good for macro 1.75x
Inon UCL165 +6 good for macro 2.1x stackable so you can have +12 if you put two

For the inside of your housing get a photo quality microfiber cloth

I use Pentax Supaclean Microfibre Cleaning Cloth works also for the wet lenses

Do no use any solvent or solution for the inside of the housing and keep a moisture muncher when in storage. Take also off the o-rings and put in a sealed bag

Thanks very much for the advice... I've kind of avoided cleaning it so far for fear of doing the wrong thing, and now there is a bit of 'dust' on the inside. Next time I hit the city I know what to go and buy now... Cheers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom