Less psi in chilled tanks = less air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think simple people.... When its cold and cold water contacts our body...
( i.e.~ "your nads" "breasts" or other important parts ;-) ) they shrink, physical and mental tension begins to set in and we breath too fast. It happens every time... The air in the cold tank is more dense and we just waste it. So the dive duration is shorter.... Its just that simple.

Solution... stay warm, relax , breath sloooooooooow...........
Use the air wisely. Give it time to warm up in your lungs. Breath out slowly and get the full benifit. Breathing at a faster rate just makes you colder.

Timeliner:
Think simple people.... When its cold and cold water contacts our body...
( i.e.~ "your nads" "breasts" or other important parts ;-) ) they shrink, physical and mental tension begins to set in and we breath too fast. It happens every time... The air in the cold tank is more dense and we just waste it. So the dive duration is shorter.... Its just that simple.

Solution... stay warm, relax , breath sloooooooooow...........
Use the air wisely. Give it time to warm up in your lungs. Breath out slowly and get the full benifit. Breathing at a faster rate just makes you colder.
While i am not completely in awe of your examples of the human anatomy WRT the cold, the breathing rate due to cold is something i agree with, however i hope i am not misreading this as skip breathing and giving the air time to warm up, long and deep is fine, holding to allow the air to "warm up" is not. Wearing appropriate thermal protection will help you to not have to breathe fast in colder water. You really arent going to notice any huge difference in BT from a slightly chilled tank and a room temp tank.

Thanks for the concern and the manners reminder. I'm just a beast I guess.
Sorry If my examples were not polite but those are things that do seem to get noticed first when it get really cold.
No... I don't hold my breath. I Just keep the airways open as if I'm singing a song.
(A comtroled deep breath and a long exhale.)
I think your correct that you shouldn't experience a big difference in BT with a cold tank Vs. a room temp. tank... Folks sure seem to use it up faster though when it gets chilly don't they.

www.frankpoye.com/fossilosophy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom