Ley Seca 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Generally speaking, Laws serve as a moral standard or conduct expected from citizens.

You seem offended by my question. That was not my intention. I was truly trying to understand what the policy reason was behind the law. I am somewhat of a legal academic, if you will. If it is truly a “moral standard or conduct expectated of the government”, as you suggest, great. In that vein, I can compare/contrast it with my local legal framework and note the difference.

We have laws against drunk driving...because drunk drivers kill people.

We have laws against speaking on a cell phone or texting while driving...because distracted drivers kill people.

So...I thought the laws against drinking during election time was because there was actually a problem with people drinking too much at this time.

Anyway, I do not want to distract further from the original discussion.

In Pennsylvania up until 2001 it was illegal to serve liquor on election day until after the polls closed. Establishments serving at least 30 percent food and non-alcoholic beverages were permitted to sell liquor as of 1973. Election Day blue laws, which remain in effect in 14 states, were intended to prevent vote-buying with liquor.
(Associated Press
Published: November 7, 2001 12:00 am Updated: Nov. 7, 2001 10:45 a.m.)

Perhaps this is the spirit (pun intended) of the law in Mexico.

#votingisaprivledge #proudMexicana #civilduty
upload_2018-7-1_15-50-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-1_15-50-53.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-1_15-50-53.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 82
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom